Thursday 3 September 2009

Guardian

Guardian

You watch,your face granite, a stone,
arms out stretched in a tranquil embrace.
Patches of green fingered symmetry
cling to the feathers of your gown
and still you watch.
Silent in the midnight gloom
your shadow dancing in Gothic stance.

And I lie here in this bed of earth
a reflection of you caught in time,
as the tears of dawn wash clean the script of my demise.
Silently waiting for the day when you will fall
to meet the ground with the breath of an Autumn wing.
And kiss my still frozen lips dressed in summer petal
on the metallic rose bowl of the remembered.

Break down your crumbling solitude
and ever watchful stance
the ravages of ages have not been kind
to that powered marble countenance
undistinguished that once beguiling smile
come and rest with me my tired watchman
to lie in the cool tender earth
And stay in my arms awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment